Monday, April 25, 2016

Justin Kochanski, USA - 6 April - 18 May 2016

I graduated from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa this past May. Originally from Chicago, IL, I attended university to study Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology with a concentration in Global and Comparative Public Health. I've worked many odd jobs to help pay for school– pathology technician, oncology laboratory assistant, and junior epidemiologist at the state department, just to name a few. 

My experience from these jobs, along with my compassion for social justice and philanthropy, has led me to pursue a career in medicine. I will start medical school this coming August, with the intent of working in some sort of global health setting after graduation. I strongly believe that health is a fundamental human right, and I want to work to help secure and promote that right throughout the world. 

Seva to me means "A commitment to humanity and dedication to justice, pursuing what is just."

When I am not studying, you can find me on the soccer pitch, rock climbing, or backpacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment