Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thank you from Wendy IDEX fellow




I was placed with Aaorgayseva as part of my 6 month IDEX fellowship.  Time has flown so quickly.   When I first came I thought there would be so much time to do so many things.  Yes we did achieve a lot during my time here though there is still much to be done.

The highlight of my time here was having the opportunity to join the 2016 AIPNO Medical Yatra.  It was a different way to see the country, meet the locals and make new friends.  It was an unforgettable time where we all had to be flexible, creative and patient with limited supplies and language barriers. The thing about the Yatra is that it is not just about going out there and helping community it also included a visit to a girls boarding school, a women's empowerment project and Republic Day Festivities whilst staying in an Ashram. The other volunteers were an inspiration especially given that large majority were in their late 60s and had been doing this for the past 10 years and will continue to do so as long as they are able. 



I am really proud that I took the leap to come to India.  To anyone considering a move from what they know I certainly say do it.  I feel that unless and until you challenge yourself and do what you fear you don’t really give yourself a chance to learn, grow and really know who you are.  It is in those times of worries and insecurity we realise just what is most important to us.  

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their warm hospitality and hope that our paths will cross again. I look forward to being updated on what Aarogayseva is doing both in India and around the world. 



Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of AarogyaSeva and AarogyaSeva does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.



To get in touch with the author or to join our team write to us at – Volunteer@aarogyaseva.org






No comments:

Post a Comment