Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Totawatte Don Srilak

Team 2

To briefly describe myself I would say I'm not the kind of person that likes talking about himself. Nevertheless I will still try my best to do so. 
I'm 22 and I was born in Geneva. Both of my parents are from Sri Lanka, Colombo. I think this is important because even though I identify myself as a swiss citizen, I was deeply influenced by the srilankan culture through out my entire education. Sometimes I even feel stuck between two ways of thinking. 
Right now I'm a medical student. I just finished my third year, and got my bachelor degree. My plan is to take a year off after this internship. During this gap year I would like to travel and see the world. I often watch documentaries about different countries and cultures, which made my thirst to travel and discover the world even bigger. 
That's why I'm in India now. Thanks to my studies, I had the opportunity to come here and see through a medical point of view how people live in India. The purpose of the training is to understand how people can have an access to health care, even if they are poor, left out of society or discriminated. I think it's an interesting issue, because it concerns not only India but the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment